PO Box 391
Tel: (Helpline) 0808 2000 247, (General) 0117 944 4411
Women's Aid is the national domestic violence charity that helps up to 250,000 women and children every year. They work to end violence against women and children, and support over 350 domestic and sexual violence services across the country. Their work includes the following:
- Runs the Women's Aid National Helpline for women experiencing violence in the home. The helpline is run in partnership between Women's Aid and Refuge.
- Provides information and resources, including publications, to local refuge projects, statutory and voluntary agencies and the general public.
- Provides consultancy, support and training services to local refuge projects and other agencies working with women and children experiencing violence.
- Monitors relevant policy and practice. Works for better legal rights, support and protection for abused women and children.
- Produces the only UK wide contact list for refuge groups which enables women to move safely round the country to escape their violent abuser.
Last updated on 10/03/2014