Brian Jackson House
New North Parade
Tel: 01484 519988
In 1974 Brian Jackson founded the National Children's Centre - later re-named Yorkshire Children’s Centre. A range of services is offered, with work funded through donations from the general public.
Projects include "The Furniture Project", assisting people on low incomes with furnishing their homes, the proceeds in turn going to support the organisation's primary goal: a future enabling young people, adults and families to achieve their full potential.
- Support for separated parents.
- Domestic Violence Perpetration Programme.
- Support for older people and adults at risk - Travel Companions; Befriending Service; Lunch Clubs for Over-50s; Downsizing Support; Sporting Buddies; Dementia Support; Volunteering.
- Healthy Start Vitamin Scheme.
- Accident Prevention.
- Education and Training: for 14-16 education; for 16-24 training; for adult training.
- Room Hire.
Last updated on 21/08/2015