10 fast fitness fixes
Here are 10 ways to get several short 10-minute workouts into your day without feeling the crunch of your hectic schedule.
1. Walk the stairs whenever possible.
2. While watching TV, exercise during the commercials (for example, try some jumping jacks, squats, push-ups or crunches)
3. Take a walk break at work after you eat your lunch.
4. If you are looking after your kids taking part in an activity like football, walk around the side of the field instead of sitting and watching.
5. Do a 10-minute circuit style workout when you get up in the morning. For example, 25 jumping jacks, 15 body weight squats, 15 push-ups (wall or knee), 15 dips using a chair, 25 runs or walks on the spot.
6. If you work has a stairwell, take a 10-minute break each day and climb the stairs. Set your timer and do as many floors as you can.
8. If you have kids, get outside and play with them. In case you haven't noticed, kids are constantly moving and probably do well over 10 short bursts of exercise per day. Do what they do and you will definitely get your heart rate up.
9. Walk while waiting for appointments. Most of us have to wait at least 10-15 minutes for appointments, so rather than sitting in the waiting room, get up and walk around the inside or outside of the building.
10. Walk to work. If at all possible, walk or bicycle to work. If you to take a train or other public transportation, try walking or biking to the train instead of driving.