"The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting goals and achieving them. Even the most tedious chore will become endurable as you parade through each day convinced that every task, no matter how menial or boring, brings you closer to fulfilling your dreams."
- Og Mandino, 1923-1996, Author and Speaker
You want a smaller and tighter behind, right? You want the formula to achieve it, and you want some guarantees. I’m here to tell you that you can do it. I don’t care if you have 100 pounds or 20 pounds to lose. You can make your bum smaller and firmer. The more body fat you have, the longer it will take - but you can do this.
As I mention in each of my articles, you need to be following a nutrition programme that places you in a slight caloric deficit. In other words, you need to consume fewer calories than you burn. However, that doesn’t mean starving yourself and eating as little as possible.
The key to manipulating nutrition is eating the correct foods in the correct amounts at the correct times. If you’re a member using one of our specially designed nutrition programmes, you’re on the right track.
The remainder has to do with workouts that challenge your muscles with optimal efficiency. The combination of weight training, cardiovascular exercise and a specialised muscle group workout routine is a great way to achieve success.
I’ve written several articles about toning your behind and in reality, they send the same message. The formula doesn’t change but your level of consistency is the foundation of the formula.
The golden formula is:
nutrition + weight training + cardiovascular exercise + consistency + specialist work for difficult muscle groups = the final product
Today’s specialised routine will work the rear end and legs, but its main focus is on tightening my all-time favourite muscle group - the glutes. If your goal is to get the derriere you’ve always desired, then you’ve come to the right place!
You will be performing a tri-set for your routine. The tri-set refers to performing three exercises in a row without rest. The workout is challenging, so you must focus on impeccable form and concentrate completely on the muscles you’re working. This workout includes some pieces of gym equipment but if you don’t have a gym membership, perform the movement with dumbbells or tins of beans! You will be combining weights, body-weight-only exercise and cardiovascular exercise.
THE BODACIOUS BUTT WORKOUT!
1. Smith Machine Rear Squat
- Place the bar across the back of your shoulders. Be sure it is not resting on your neck.
- Place feet flat on the floor, shoulder distance apart.
- Lower the weight, keeping your knees behind the toes at all times. Think of sitting back into a chair. Stop when the knees are at a 90-degree angle.
- Contracting the quadriceps muscles, slowly return to the starting position.
- Inhale while lowering the weight.
- Exhale while returning to the starting position.
- Do not let the knees ride over your toes (you should be able to see your feet at all times).
- Do not let the back arch.
Beginners can perform this exercise without weights until they master the movement. It’s a very effective exercise that involves most of the muscle groups of the lower body, but if done improperly, it can lead to injuries - so use precise form. If you don't have access to the Smith machine or are a beginner, you can use a broom handle.
Perform 15 slow and controlled repetitions and immediately go to the next exercise.
2. Straight Leg Reverse Lift
- Start this exercise on your hands and knees.
- Straighten your left leg as if you were going to do a push-up.
- Keep the right leg bent, supporting your weight along with your arms.
- Contracting the buttocks muscles, lift your left leg up toward the ceiling, stopping when you feel a full contraction of the buttocks.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- After completing the set on the left side, repeat on the right side.
- Exhale while lifting the leg.
- Inhale while returning to the starting position.
- Do not let the back arch.
- If you are an intermediate or advanced exerciser, you can add an ankle weight to the working leg to make it more challenging.
Perform 20 repetitions on each side and immediately go to the next exercise.
- Stand tall with your legs straddling the belt.
- Make sure you are familiar with the controls and safety button.
- Choose the manual setting.
- Step carefully on the belt.
- You may want to use the handrails initially.
- Begin striding forward at a slow pace until you are comfortable with your balance.
- After a 30-second warm up, gradually progress to a slightly challenging incline based on your fitness level. Maintain the incline for five minutes and then cool down for 30 seconds.
All three exercises are considered one cycle. Beginners should perform one cycle on three alternate days of the week. Intermediate exercisers should perform two cycles on alternate days of the week, and advanced exercisers should perform three cycles. Wait one minute between cycles before repeating.
You still need to perform weight training for your entire body as well as cardiovascular exercise. However, if you incorporate the above specialist workout routine, you’ll see some great results.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.