Exercise is essential for your health. Unfortunately, it's usually the first thing you give up when you are over burdened and stressed, but it is exercise that helps you deal effectively with the physical and psychological demands of a hectic life.
A couple of ten minute sessions each day will increase your stamina as you garden, chase the kids or try an active hobby. It also benefits your mind, body and spirit. So here are some ways exercise can stimulate your energy level:
- Let go of the guilt and schedule your exercise time - Think of it as pampering yourself, but the effects last even longer than a massage or time out. Don’t ignore your needs. Exercise is one of the best ways to not only enhance your energy, but preserve your sanity. If you don’t take care of yourself, you won’t have energy or patience for anyone else.
- Add activity to your lifestyle - To renew your vigour throughout the day, get moving. Walk, bike, walk stairs, dance… do whatever it takes. You’ll still be high on natural endorphins to enjoy the summer days while everyone else is dragging their heals
- Find creative ways to include family time with exercise - Your entire family will be healthier and more energised as a result of physical activity. Don’t be a bystander at the playground this summer. Get up and join in the activities by pushing a stroller, hitting the hiking trails, running the bases, biking the neighbourhood, climbing the jungle gym or swimming in the lake. As an added perk, your kids will think you’re cool.
- Exercise first thing in the morning to jump start your day - Your chances of sticking to your program increase significantly if you exercise in the morning compared to later in the day when excuses and fatigue take over. Your metabolism will be elevated for over 7 hours after a one hour morning workout, so you will have more stamina then before to take you through the day.
- Make wholesome and nutritious food choices - You are more likely to eat healthier meals if you exercise. The last thing you will want to do is eat a heavy meal after getting the blood pumping through your veins. Ultimately eating more nutritious food along with regular exercise will lead to weight loss, which will decrease the demands on your body and will increase your energy and self esteem drastically.
- Get your zzz’s - Regular exercise will lead to more quality sleep and require you to sleep less. If you exercise early in the day you will be naturally tired by bed-time and will have no problem falling into a deep slumber.
- Exercise will help to fortify you against colds and flu – People who take regular exercise are less likely to come down with a cold or be as debilitated by one. Exercisers report less symptoms and quicker recoveries from colds.
- If it feels good, do it – Life can be full of feel good things so don’t be afraid to try something silly or fun. Get up and get moving as you run barefoot through the grass, dance or in-line skate to get your circulation going. Summer is a perfect time for such exploration.
- Drink plenty of water – Keep hydrated before, during and after exercise – particularly during hot days. Your body is made up primarily of water and while water does not have calories to provide energy, it contributes to weight loss and assists your digestive system. Ample water will keep the toxins flowing right out of your body.
- Try yoga – Raise your energy level and ability to concentrate with the deep breathing techniques used in yoga. Yoga builds balance, coordination, strength, and is energising and wonderfully de-stressing as well.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.