There are a couple of steps you can take to stop an ingrown toenail, and most of them are very simple and easy.
1. Only cut your toenails straight across. Don’t curve them
2. If your toenails need cutting, cut them after a bath or shower and make sure to dry and clean properly so no infection can occur
3. Avoid wearing tight shoes for too long
4. Wear open shoes at home or walk barefoot so your feet can breathe
5. Every now and again bathe your feet in warm salt water to reduce the risk of infection.