- 15 mins to prepare. 20 mins to cook.
- Serves 6
Blueberry bran muffins will satisfy the strongest sugar cravings. Not just that, but these little muffins are packed with antioxidant rich blueberries which boost your skin so it is healthy and glowing all year round.
- 50g wheat bran
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 medium egg
- 75g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 50g plain flour
- 50g wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 100g fresh blueberries
Each serving contains
- Calories 165 8%
- Sugar 18g 20%
- Fat 2.1g 3%
- Saturates 0.6g 3%
- Salt 0.3g 5%
of your guideline daily amount
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, Gas Mark 5.
2. Mix together the wheat bran and milk, and then allow to stand for 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the egg, all but 1 tbsp of the brown sugar and the vanilla extract. Beat in the bran mixture.
4. Sift together the plain and wholemeal flours, baking soda and baking powder. Stir into the bran mixture until just blended, then gently fold in the blueberries.
5. Divide the mixture between 6 non-stick, flour-dusted muffin tins and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes, or until the tops feel springy to the touch. Cool before serving.
Featured in our High Fibre plan
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.