Spicy and sweet, this is the perfect one-pot dish for all the family to enjoy.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Number of servings: 4
Nutrition information per serving:
75g red lentils
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 leek, finely sliced
2 chillies, finely chopped
4 curry leaves
1 tsp of mustard seeds
1 mango, peeled, stoned and cubed
2 tomatoes, chopped
½ tsp of chilli powder
1 tsp of ground coriander
450g chicken breast, boned, skinned and cubed
2 tbsp of fresh coriander, chopped
1. Place the lentils in a saucepan and add enough water to barely cover them. Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 10 minute until they are soft but not mushy. Drain well and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the leek, chillies, curry leaves and mustard seeds, and cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add the mango, tomatoes, chilli powder, ground coriander and chicken. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.Add the cooked lentils and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Add the cooked lentils and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander before serving with plain basmati rice or naan bread.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.