A sweet festive treat, that's packed with fruit.
Dessert, British, Makes 12 stars
Calories per serving: 89 (approx)
Preparation time:5 minutes
Cooking time:15 minutes
- 1 packet filo pastry (270g)
- 3 eating apples - diced
- ½ orange - juiced
- 20g cranberries - optional
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil for
- Preheat oven 190C, Gas 5. Remove pastry from the box, and cut the sheets into squares 5x5cm.
- Take a square and brush it with oil. Place in a greased muffin tin, pressing it down in the centre.
- Add another two oiled squares on top, arranged at angles.
- Repeat with the remaining squares until 12 are complete. Bake for 5-10 minutes until golden.
- Place apples and orange juice in a pan. Cover and simmer gently, until softened. Stir in cranberries and cinnamon, and warm through, 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon the apple mixture into the cases just before serving, so the pastry remains crisp.