Snack, British, Makes 8 scones
Calories per serving: 144 (approx)
Preparation time:5 minutes
Cooking time:10 minutes
- 50g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 50g self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 150ml semi-skimmed or skimmed milk
- Small handful blueberries
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Sift flours into a bowl.
- Break in egg. Add half milk and beat until smooth.
- Add rest of milk and mix well.
- Add lemon zest and blueberries and mix.
- Grease a frying pan (if necessary) and heat up until hot, drop in spoonfuls of batter.
- Cook until drop scones start to brown. Turn with a spatula and cook other side until golden.