Lunch, British, Serves 2
Calories per serving: 520 (approx)
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time:60 minutes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes or a can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato purée for extra flavour
- 1-2 cans of cannellini beans
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Smoked paprika to taste (about 1 teaspoon)
- Add olive oil to an oven safe pan. Sweat the chopped onions and garlic.
- If using fresh tomatoes, remove their skins by cutting at the base and then pour over boiling water. After 30 seconds or so, peel off skin, chop into small cubes and add to the pan. (If using tinned tomatoes, just add to the pan.)
- Then add tomato purée and paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for about 15-20 mins. Then add cannelloni beans, stir in the spinach and when it is wilted into the sauce, cover with a suitable lid.
- Place in the oven at 150 C for about 30 mins. Serve with fresh bread or potatoes.