- 10 mins to prepare. 15 mins to cook.
- Serves 4
Couscous is a traditional North African dish that has become popular in many countries. It is a versatile ingredient that can be used in anything from a light salad to a hearty family recipe.
- 175g of whole wheat couscous
- 200ml of vegetable stock
- 50g of sultanas
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ of a cucumber, chopped
- 125g of black grapes
- 4 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tbsp of lemon juice
- 170g of low fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp of fresh mint
- 300g of lean lamb mince
- 4 spring onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp of curry paste
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 3 tbsp of chopped coriander
Each serving contains
- Calories 420 21%
- Sugar 19g 21%
- Fat 14g 20%
- Saturates 6g 24%
- Salt 0.6g 10%
of your guideline daily amount
1. Place the couscous in a large bowl, pour in the vegetable stock and add the sultanas.
2. After 5 minutes fluff up the grains with a fork.
3. Then stir in the tomatoes, cucumber, grapes and parsley.
4. Combine the meat ball ingredients in a bowl and shape into 12 walnut-sized balls.
5. Preheat the grill to medium high heat and grill the meatballs for 15 minutes turning occasionally.
6. Combine the yoghurt, mint and lemon juice in a bowl.
7. Serve the couscous with the meatballs with a spoon of the yoghurt mixture on top.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.