If you want a healthy Chinese meal cooked in the comfort of your own home, try our gorgeous lemon chicken recipes. The combination of vegetables and the zest from the lemon compliment each other perfectly.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Number of servings: 4
Nutrition information per serving:
4 small-sized chicken fillets, cut into 2cm (1") pieces
4 tbsp of sherry
4 spring onions, finely sliced
4 tbsp of lemon juice
4 tsp of olive oil
4 sticks of celery, chopped
200g of mushrooms, chopped
1 green pepper, sliced
4 tbsp of soy sauce
12 thin slices of lemon rind
120g of brown rice
1. Place the chicken in a bowl. Pour over the sherry, lemon juice and spring onion and mix well.
2. Set aside to marinade for about 20 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the celery, mushrooms & pepper. Cook over a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes to soften slightly.
4. Add the chicken mixture and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
5. Stir in the soy sauce & top with the lemon rind.
6. Serve with the brown rice.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.