This crunchy salad is delicious in the Summer or Winter. It is a nutritional powerhouse packed with fibre and folate. After a hearty serving of the lentil-packed salad, it's unlikely you will feel hunger pangs again for hours.
Lentil and walnut salad by Laura McLoughlin
Preparation time: minimum
Cooking time: 40 mins
Number of servings: 4
Nutrition information per serving:
- 200g of dried red lentils
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 2 tbs of red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 100g of walnuts
- Mixed salad leaves
- Rinse the lentils under cold water, then place in a pan, cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the lentils are just tender.
- Drain the lentils and, while they are still warm, stir in the oil (walnut oil could be used here if preferred), vinegar, crushed garlic and mustard.
- Set aside to cool.
- When ready to serve, toss the salad leaves together with the lentils and walnuts.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.