For a simple low cost Mexican dish, try this amazing courgette (zucchini) and ground beef recipe by Low Carb Yum.
2 medium courgette/zucchini, sliced and quartered
1 ½ (680g) pounds ground beef
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (10 oz. can or 280g) salsa, or diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon (15ml) chili powder
1 teaspoon (5ml) salt
1 teaspoon (5ml) ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml) onion powder
1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml) black pepper
1/4 teaspoon (1.25ml) crushed red pepper flakes
1. Chop and slice the courgette/zucchini.
2. Place the ground beef with minced garlic, salt, and pepper in the pan.
3. Cook over a medium heat until meat is appears brown.
4. Add tomatoes and then add the remaining spices. Cover and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes.
5. Add the courgette/zucchini. Cover and cook for about 10 more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but still firm.
6. Enjoy your meal!
Service up to 6 people
Nutrition per serving: 17.5g fat, 5.6g carbs, 272 calories, 1.5g fibre, 4.1g net carb, 22.1g protein.
This recipe and image is provided by Lisa from the Low Carb Yum, a blogger who seeks to show people the benefits of going on a low carb diet and shares numerous recipes on her website each week.