This take on a classic Mediterranean dish is economical, tasty, a good source of protein and packed full of vegetables to help you get your 5 A DAY.
- Serves: 2
- Time: 30 minutes
- 225g lean beef, cut into strips
- 200g pasta shapes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 225g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- dried mixed herbs
1. In a saucepan or wok, fry the meat and garlic for four to five minutes until browned. You should not need to use any oil.
2. Add the pepper, courgette and mushrooms and stir-fry for two minutes. Stir in chopped tomatoes, ketchup and herbs, and season to taste. Bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes.
3. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain it and stir into the sauce.
Per portion (527g)
(of which sugars)
(of which saturates)
- this recipe contains wheat (gluten)
- tomato ketchup contains wheat (gluten) in the vinegar and may sometimes contain celery
- ready-made sauces can contain a variety of allergens, so always check the label
- some pasta contains egg
Food safety tips
- always wash your hands, work surfaces, utensils and chopping boards before you start preparing food and after handling raw meat
- keep raw meat away from ready-to-eat foods such as salad, fruit and bread