Appetizer, Indian, Serves 4
Calories per serving: 325 (approx)
Preparation time:45 minutes
Cooking time:15 minutes
Cooking method: Baking
- 150 g strong white bread flour
- 150 g strong brown/wholemeal bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ sachet (3g) easy-blend dried yeast
- 3 tablespoons low fat natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 150ml warm water
- 150g low-fat plain natural yogurt
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- 6 stalks of mint, leaves removed and chopped finely
- Sift flours and baking powder into a bowl. Add the yeast.
- Mix in yogurt, oil and water and bring together to form a soft dough. Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Put into a bowl and leave in a warm place until it has doubled in size. Divide into 4 pieces and flatten or roll each piece into an oval shape.
- Leave to rise in a warm place for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill. Grill the bread for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Optional: Add ½ tsp salt with the flour if required.
- Mix everything together in a bowl. Serve with curry.