For those of you that are seafood lovers and enjoy experimenting with spicy flavours, this is the recipe for you. It's really easy to prepare and cook, plus you will be pleasantly surprised by the popping aromatic taste combinations.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
Number of servings: 4
Nutrition information per serving:
200g of prawns, shelled
1 tsp of butter
3 tbsp of lemon juice
1 tbsp of olive oil
5 spring onions, sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 sticks of celery, finely sliced
2 chilli peppers, deseeded and sliced
2 tbsp fresh parsley
1 large tin of tomatoes
2 tsp of oregano
4 tbsp of reduced feta cheese
160g pasta, uncooked weight
1. Heat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Pour lemon juice over cleaned and deveined prawns in a bowl and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan, saute spring onions, garlic, celery, chilli pepper, parsley and tomatoes until celery is tender. Reduce heat, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
4. In another pan, saute prawns in butter until they are pink.
5. Pour the tomato sauce mixture into the bottom of a casserole dish; top with prawns, sprinkle with oregano. Top with feta cheese and a little black pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until feta melts.
6. Serve the spicy prawns with the pasta.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.