- 10 mins to prepare. 45 mins to cook.
- Serves 4
Pumpkin is possibly the most underestimated veggie out there. Pumpkin soup is delicious and a great way to use the leftover Halloween lantern.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 500g pumpkin
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 pint of vegetable stock
- 2 tbs pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbs low fat crème fraiche
Each serving contains
- Calories 215 11%
- Sugar 8.9g 10%
- Fat 10g 14%
- Saturates 2.7g 14%
- Salt 1.1g 19%
of your guideline daily amount
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a low heat, add the onion and garlic. Cook on a low heat for 5 mins.
2. Add the pumpkin, carrot and par-boiled sweet potato, stir well and then pour in the stock.
3. Bring to the boil and then simmer gently for 30 mins or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Transfer to a food processor and blend to taste.
5. Divide soup into bowls, sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds and add a dollop of crème fraiche.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.