This light and crunchy chicken salad should help to get you back on track and feeling fresh in time for summer.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Number of servings: 4
Nutrition information per serving:
400g of chicken fillet
1 tbs of sesame oil
1 tbs of balsamic vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 piece of fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp of chilli powder
1 bag of mixed salad leaves
200g of mange tout
200g of sweetcorn
1 small tin of water chestnuts, drained
1 tbs of sesame seeds
1 tbs of sweet chilli sauce
1. Cut the chicken into thin strips and place in a glass or ceramic dish, along with the sesame oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger and chilli. Cover with cling film and set aside to marinade for 30 minutes.
2. Meantime, prepare the salad by combining the salad leaves, sliced mange tout, sweetcorn and water chestnuts in a bowl.
3. After the marinading time, heat a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan and cook the chicken strips over a medium high heat for 5-6 minutes, until cooked through.
4. Toss the chicken into the salad along with the chilli sauce and top with sesame seeds before serving.
5. This salad can be prepared in advance and taken as a packed lunch, if preferred.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.