- 10 mins to prepare. 5 mins to cook.
- Serves 4
For a special salad, grill some lean fillet or sirloin steak to your liking, cut into strips and serve warm.
- 400g lean roast beef, fat removed
- 6 handfuls of mixed salad leaves
- 3 handfuls of alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tomatoes
- 16 black olives, pitted
- 1 red onion
- 100g bacon bits (lardons)
- 4 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
Each serving contains
- Calories 375 15%
- Sugar 1g 1%
- Fat 18g 26%
- Saturates 5.3g 27%
- Salt 1.4g 23%
of your guideline daily amount
1. Cut the roast beef into thin strips.
2. Rinse the salad leaves and alfalfa sprouts, dice the tomatoes and cut the olives into quarters. Finely slice the red onion, rinsing it under cold water if a milder flavour is preferred.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan to a high heat and add the bacon bits. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp, golden and cooked through. Remove and drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
4. Combine the beef, hot bacon bits and all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and squeeze over the lemon juice. Toss gently to dress the salad. Serve with rye bread.
Note: To cut down on salt and fat remove lardons.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.