- 10 mins to prepare. 35 mins to cook.
- Serves 4
Spring lamb is a delicious and nutritious recipe which makes a nice change from the traditional Sunday roast.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 sprigs of rosemary, roughly chopped
- 700g small new potatoes
- 4 boneless lamb leg steaks, fat removed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 150g thin green beans, trimmed
Each serving contains
- Calories 540 27%
- Sugar 5.5g 6%
- Fat 22.8g 33%
- Saturates 14.3g 72%
- Salt 0.3g 5%
of your guideline daily amount
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas Mark 6.
2. Pour 1 tbsp of the olive oil into a roasting pan, then add the chopped rosemary and new potatoes. Toss in the oil to coat, then roast in the oven for 30–35 minutes, until cooked through and golden.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a pan and brown the lamb steaks on each side. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
4. Sauté the onion in the same pan for 2 minutes before adding the leek and carrots. Cook for 2–3 minutes, then return the lamb to the pan, cover and cook over a low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent it sticking.
5. Add the green beans to the pan, cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Serve the lamb on top of the vegetables with the rosemary-roasted potatoes.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.