Preparation time: 2 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Number of servings: 1
Nutrition information per serving:
Ingredients1 red pepper
50g of tofu
1 clove of garlic, minced
Pinch of dried parsley
30g of rice, uncooked weight
1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
25g of cashew nuts, chopped
1 spring onion
Method1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Prepare rice according to package directions.
2. Parboil pepper in boiling water for 4 minutes.
3. Add cooking spray to a frying pan (medium heat) and gently cook tofu with minced garlic clove in pan until browned.
4. Add parsley and seasoning of choice. Cook for 1 minute. Stir together rice, sweetcorn, Worcestershire sauce, chopped cashew nuts and tofu mixture. Pack into pepper halves.
5. Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until heated through. Add some spring onion or a little cheese on top if desired.
6. Serve the stuffed peppers with a tossed salad.
Thanks to tescodiets.com who have provided this article.