A healthy variation on a popular comfort dish. Try it for lunch or dinner!
Dinner, British, Serves 6-8
Calories per serving: 198 (approx)
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time:50 minutes
- 4-5 medium potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 400 g lean minced turkey
- 1 onion, sliced
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 300 ml stock
- 198 g can sweetcorn, no sugar and salt, drained
- 400 g can haricot beans, drained
- 1 dessertspoon cornflour mixed with 2 dessertspoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- Preheat oven Gas 6, (200C). Put the potatoes in a pan of boiling water and boil until soft.
- Put the mince in a large frying pan with the onion, pepper, mushrooms and courgette.
- Fry until gently browned. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the sweetcorn, haricot beans, stock and herbs.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cornflour and water mixture and boil until the sauce thickens.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish. Mash the potato and then spoon or pipe it on the top of the mince. Bake 20-30 mins until golden.