A healthy twist on an Italian classic!
Dinner, Italian, Serves 4
Calories per serving: 215 (approx)
Preparation time:5 minutes
Cooking time:30 minutes
- 400 g minced turkey thigh
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4-5 mushrooms, peeled and chopped.
- 300 g tin of haricot or haricot beans (optional)
- 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes or passata
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs (optional)
- Dash of Worcester sauce (optional)
- Gently fry the mince, vegetables and garlic in a large pan.
- When the mince is browned, drain off any fat or liquid.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, add the half a can of water, haricot beans (if using), tomato puree, herbs and Worcester Sauce.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes. Serve with pasta, rice or jacket potato.