UK sources of information and / or support
NICE (National Centre for Clinical Health and Excellence)
Patient guides to complement guidelines of the same names for health professionals:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Atrial Fibrillation - dronedarone
- Percutaneous endoscopic catheter laser balloon pulmonary vein isolation for atrial fibrillation
- High intensity focused ultrasound ablation for atrial fibrillation
- Percutaneous radiofrequency catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation
- Cryoablation for atrial fibrillation in association with other cardiac surgery
- Radiofrequency ablation for atrial fibrillation in association with other cardiac surgery
- Percutaneous occlusion of the left atrial appendage in non-valvular atrial fibrillation for the prevention of thromboembolism
- Thoracoscopic exclusion of the left atrial appendage in atrial fibrillation (with or without other cardiac surgery) for the prevention of thromboembolism
- Percutaneous (non-thoracoscopic) Epicardial Catheter Radio frequency Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation
- Thoracoscopic Epicardial Radiofrequency Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation
A UK registered charity which provides information, support and access to established, new or innovative treatments for Atrial Fibrillation (AF).
Information from the British Heart Foundation.
Information from Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland.
Information from Anticoagulation Europe.
Information from NHS Choices.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.