UK sources of information and / or support
Has an information leaflet on Barrett's Oesophagus
Was established in 1999 as a National Charity with the principal aims of:
- Providing support and advice to people who suffer from Barrett’s Oesophagus and their relatives and friends.
- Supporting research to better understand the condition.
- Raising awareness to encourage early detection.
Their purpose is to be the premier UK support group open to all reflux patients including those with Barrett's Oesophagus.
A patient guide to complement the NICE national guideline for health professionals called Epithelial radiofrequency ablation for Barrett's oesophagus.
A patient guide to complement the NICE national guideline for health professionals called Circumferential epithelial radiofrequency ablation for Barrett's oesophagus.
Factsheet from Core - (the working name of the Digestive Disorders Foundation).
Information from BUPA.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.