UK sources of information and / or support
Has information leaflets on hand problems called:
- Hand-arm Vibration Syndrome
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Mallet Finger
- Raynaud's Phenomenon
- Repetitive Strain Injury
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Trigger Finger
- Tendonitis and Tenosynovitis
Includes patient information leaflets on various hand and finger problems, and information about various hand and finger surgical procedures.
A patient guide to complement the NICE guideline of the same name for health professionals.
Information from Arthritis Research UK.
Information provided by an orthopaedic surgeon specialising in wrist injuries, intended for other medical consultants, healthcare professionals and patients.
Website of a consultant hand surgeon with patient-orientated information on a variety of hand conditions including.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.
Disclaimer: This article is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Patient Platform Limited has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. For details see our conditions.