Ηealth anxiety,freaking out again! Please reply

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone, I have this nausea feeling again,especially when i wake up. It goes away throughout the day but it sucks cause i  really feel like throwing up every morning! Then when it goes away i have a dull pain in the stomach that doesn't last either. Then again when i eat i feel like i haven't eaten anything,as if my stomach's empty! Throughout the day I'll get other symptoms of anxiety that don't freak me out as much as I have focused on my stomach now. I know stomach problems are really common to those with anxiety,but health anxiety won't let me believe that! Has anyone else experienced these symptoms? I'm scared of an ulcers sad

0 likes, 20 replies

Report / Delete

20 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

i thought for ages that I had a stomach ulcer too as I felt hunger pangs even when I wasn't hungry and after eating. All sorts of stomach aches and feelings that I couldn't believe were to do with anxiety - but they've gone now that I am focussing on other issues that I have. Health anxiety is apsolutely awful and even when you have no niggles and sensations to worry about -  my anxiety will latch on to something else. I am finding it difficult to copy today and feel depressed too. today I have no appetite at all but I am losing weight too quickly and I don't want to look as ill on the outside as I do inside. I hope you feel a better later on - there's lots of underasting people on here.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey there and I'm sorry you have to deal with this too! Yeah there's an issue everytime isn't there? and our anxiety makes it worse. I was convinced i was dying quite a few times with all these symptoms. I had other issues before that and now I'm focusing on this an I'm really freaking out ugh! Yeah, I try to eat too even when I have no apetite cause i hate to look ill. I hope you,me and everyone else on here gets to live a normal life and actually defeat anxiety! Best of luck to you! Message me whenever you feel the need to talk to someone!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

needhelp

You understand all this is your Anxiety and there is nothing they can do to help.

All I can suggest is again go see your GP and ask for some help with your anxiety.

I have simiar problems in the morning, it is medicine withdrawal and part of my disability, My medication needs time to suppress my Chronic Pain condition.

Give yourself a break and understand you have a real health problem, get it fixed and only you has that chance to make yourself well.

Your GP can help if you take up the challenge as well

BOB

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi

It was stomach issues like that , which kicked off my health anxiety.

So the two could eäsily be conected.

Go to see your GP about your tummy and they may suggest a scan which will put your mind at rest.

As you dont want to obsess about it as it will drive you mad.

Anxiety makes you so supersensitive to any discomfort and then makes you worry more.

So try some relaxation methods to calm your mind and body xx

😊good luck and hope goes well

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

did you have anything in your stomach after all or was this your anxiety? i've had an ultrasound in my stomach,nothing was wrong also had blood tests about pretty much everything..liver and stuff and nothing wrong! Idk really, I mean the symptoms aren't persistent all day long and the pain isn't that bad,it's a dull pain but still.

Thank you very much for the time you took to reply! i'm sorry you're feeling like this too,best of luck to you!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You are saying pretty much every thing I have. I also had soooooo many bloods, ecg and ultrasound of whole stomach area and it showed nothing.

My nausea not so bad now but I still get these grinding pains (not even proper pain like a twisting sensation) in tummy and it sets me off every time.

When I get nausea I just can't face food. Initially I just didn't eat but people started to comment on my weight loss and that also started to freak me out so I started to force myself to eat even just bits and now, well yesterday I had a whole pizza to myself lol...by I do still have days when I'm 'off' food.

I've struggled believing like you and even though today right at this moment I am feeling positive it can take just one thing to make it topple...I am hoping counselling will help.

I think the worse thing about HA related to tummy problems is that they tend to stem from anxiety itself so don't disappear. In past when I've had HA it has been about something that has 'cleared up' over time like a bad cough or once I had virtigo and once the symptoms went I was like 'I'm okay' then just got on with life. Not the same with something that stems from anxiety itself.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've experienced loads of symptoms due to anxiety and I think nausea and stomach problems in general are the WORST! I used to have nausea everyday for a month,months ago and since then I'd get it occasionally and it would go away. Now it's here the past 4 days and I hate it. I actually threw up today cause I couldn't stand the nausea which of course made things worse! 

I'm glad you're feeling positive,it's one of those good breaks we take from anxiety, I hope it lasts for you and you won't feel as bad ever! I am receiving psychotherapy as well and I've seen some sliight change. We have to put in the effort as well!

Yeah I know,that's the bad part , it's a vicious circle really. God bless you and I hope we can all get through this someday!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah I see,i've had an ultrasound but they didn't find anything! food becomes a phobia to me as well when I'm nauseous all the time,also eating while outside is impossible in such cases! Anyway,thanks for the reply! I sympathise you and I'm glad you got rid of your problem! xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I also started to get food phobia and avoided eating out. I'm just about getting back into swing of things with eating at home but still get nervous when out, will eat out now but just not much so I'll only have like one course if out for a meal for example.

I tried to stop thinking about eating and ate when I felt hungry. The bad thing for me was that if I woke in morning and didn't feel hungry I used to panic thinking 'why am I not hungry I must have lost my appetite due to cancer' or something then I reminded myself that before all this I quite often wasn't hungry in morning in fact I never was a breakfast person I had just become so obsessed with being scared of food and nausea that every sensation freaked me out! So I do try to eat breakfast now, if I'm not hungry I'll make myself toast and wrap in foil and take with me and most of the time I'll eat it at some point.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

i had got back into swing before but as it's back,the phobia is kinda back as well. I'm sure I'll get over this one. I usually panic in the morning cause i wake up with nausa AGAIN and I can't stand the nausea,it's awful! Lol I'm thinking about loads scenarios about my health too. Right now I have a weird pain in my leg and I'm freaking out about MS. Damn this health anxiety! 

Yeah you should eat breakfast,it's good for you. I never was a breakfast person, I would never eat breakfast but I've started eating breakfast for like a year now.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Definetly not MS. In the past you noted symptoms nothing like MS. So dont even go that route. You have had many exams to date. Its a very high level of anxiety. Many adrenaline rushes and that stuff is hard in the body. Even though the body produces it its hard on the body.  The vagus nerve gets irratated from the adrenaline. That nerve is thick and big goes from base if the head to the belly. Hence belly aches and hard to eat and feeling sick in your stomach. Stress makes issues in the bidy but the body will hapoily heal from it if you can calm it. The bidy is way smarter then mist people think all it does is try to heal itself but its hard if your mind is busy fearing things then fearing the fear because then it triggers fight or flight and more adrenaline.so it becomes a cycle. You have to eventually figure out this cycle and catch it before it triggers adrenaline. Takes time. The meds people use dalm the nerves, calm the muscles or alter the chemicals in your brain to turn on "happy" hormones hence managing the stress hormones. Ince the stress hormones are on full blast the body shuts down the hapoy hormones. This is what the issue is. Thats why you don't just snap out of it. Its a machine. Youll figure this out at some point. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply! Yeah it's a vicious cycle I know, Weird thing is that symptoms occur when I'm actually calm and not anxious that's why it's hard to break the cycle. I try to be calm and then a symptom hits that makes me go over all of this. I know anxiety can be really harsh on the body and I'm trying to accept that but it's kinda difficult sometimes,especially when new symptoms arise. However,you're right..our body is a machine and we should take care of that machine.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up