Posted , 8 users are following.

"Donna" I woke up on brothers sofa (took a minute to realise where I was) "we're paramedics, can you tell us what's been happening?

Had to think for a minute, how or why I got there, "she's taken some pills" my brother began telling them. I remember now I'd taken a bunch of pills downed with a bottle of vodka, cut my arm and somehow ended up walking the streets, I'd gotten maybe 20 minutes from my sisters house (where I'd been living) when my phone rang it was my sister in law, can't remember the conversation but she'd called for a taxi to take me to their house.

"Can you tell us why you did this?

Still half asleep I think I my was "because I hate living!

"Okay, well we're going to take you to get checked over at the hospital is that okay? Not sure if it was really a question or I had a choice but I went with them, I was unsteady on my feet so they had an arm each and helped me into the ambulance.

Arrived at a&e, my brother had came in the ambulance with me, now by my side trying to comfort me but could see in his eyes there was some anger too. He stayed for a few hours until I eventually persuaded him to go home and get some sleep, after all hospitals are mostly waiting, which I did for hours after the usual stuff, blood tests, blood pressure, Ecg...I had been told to wait to see somebody from mental health, someone eventually came and spoke to me a little before explaining that she had phonecalls to make and that I had to then wait a little longer.

I knew something wasn't right when I'd gotten up to go outside for a cigarette (I'd been out a few times already) and was told I couldn't. There was a security guard outside the room and another and the end of the corridor standing by the exit... I'd put two and two together and my thoughts were verified when a lady came to tell me I was being detained under section...I'm not sure of the number, think I shut down after hearing they were taking me to a psychiatric hospital.

I was so scared just wanted to go home, 3 men then arrived and I was put into a van and driven here. I was shaking and scared, they let me have a cigarette before coming in but it didn't help my nerves, I just wanted to go home ....

1 like, 12 replies

Report / Delete

12 Replies

• Posted

Omg... Are you ok? Are you in a psychiatric hospital now?

I'm so sorry my darling I hope you are as ok as can be expected.

Take care.

Thinking of you xxxxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Dondons, I was in your situation last year. Psychiatric hospital is horrifc in my experience, but unfortunately you are stuck for now as the Section keeps you there by law. The quickest way out of there is to comply and take part in anything that is going on around the ward. They want to see you appearing to be better.

You're likely on a Cecion 2, which they can keep you on for a maximum of 28 days. You'll be reviewed before then, so may be able to leave before 28 days are up if your thoughts/conditions are improving. If they think you still need to stay in hopsital at the end of 28 days, they can move you onto a Section 3.

Stay positive. I found the best help was from other patients and not the staff.. becasue the patients can actually relate and understand. Talk to them if you can.

Best of luck, hang in there.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Tried texting and calling you. Really hope you are ok miss matchmakers. Maybe your brother should direct his anger at a certain scumbag. I know I want to. Offers there. Nick.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Always dons

my heart feels deeply for you. Please try and do everything they ask of you. Your life is very valuable, please don't lose sight of that. I understand your pain, it will pass and you will be able to smile again.

Please keep us updated on your progress ♥♥♥

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Poor you, Dondons, how awful.  I do hope things go well for you.  Try to do everything that they tell you, you don't want to be in there any longer than you need to be.  But they know what they are doing, trust them.

Sending love and hugs.

Pat xxxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi lovey .....I am so sorry.....I was sectioned four times ..on a section three ( six months ) although I always was discharged earlier. ....I have to say that where I was was a quite nice place....not far from where I live....I met many lovely people in there ....staff and patients and made many good friends also.....MY son had been in there for four months. ..and my daughter worked there as a nurse....I found it a good rest...I left healthy...I went in weighing 5st 12 lbs. ...try to think of it as a good rest..in a safe place where you have no day to day responsibilities. ...in have three sons with problems. .it does not make them any different except that they sadly suffer with severe depression. ....you have got through this before lovely lady, , you will do it again,....please try to make the most of a good rest...and peace....you are in my thoughts and hearts young lady....big...warm hugs to you lovely. ,..and ways. ..xxxxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Xxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Im really sorry to hear your not to good, I can only hope tyhey help you get to a better place and all the traumas you have had will hopefully begin to get sorted and that you can improve and smile and be proud of the lovely lady your are.

Best advice I can suggest is work with them, ask question about anything that you dont understand and remember you are part of the team to fix you up. I beleiev you can do it

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up