:(

Posted , 7 users are following.

Heya I have been diagnosed about a month ago with aniexty sad worst thing ever .. I feel like im gonna die nearly every single day and feel like the doctors don't understand me sad feel like there not checking me probably sad can I plz ask how all your anxietys started sad tnx

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Mine started just like yours...I had a panic attack at work out of nowhere...since then I've had so many test done..all came back fine..

Doctor ruled it out to be anxiety due to stress..exactly 1 month ago....now it's been 15 days on citalopram...but today my doc changed my medicine..as she feels this is not giving me the relief I need...so praying...I'm staying positive..I work full time and I'm a mom to 3 little ones who need my attention...so the past month has been really hard...but I'm doing more exercise..eating right..keeping my head focused..slowed my routine down a lot..good thing my boss knows and is very understanding...my hubby not so much as he feels useless...he can't help me.Your not alone... smile

• Posted

Sorry for the late reply sad I can't help it anymore !! I can't control it sad I'm a young mum too 2 young children too that need me more then aanytin I cry myself asleep almost every nite thinking I'm goin too die young and leave them behind sad.. I hate myself sad mine came out off no were I was happy tat day oon my way back from having something too eat sad xxx
  • Posted

Hi. Sorry your struggling it takes time to come to terms you have anxiety but we will find its more common than you first think. Looking back I had it as a small child so it's always been apart of me I guess. I was diagnosed aged 23 and I remember being so scared ! It is horrible but you learn to cope !Your certainly not on your own. Keep busy and do what you enjoy as much as you can and remember how good you can feel and don't lose sight of that. Good diet exercise helps take care xx
    • Posted

I will try the exercise and healthy eating smile I'm too afraid too walk too far thinking I'm goin too die off a heart attack worst ting is I'm a smoker sad xx
  • Posted

Anxiety probably was always there quietly. First panic attck was after a party for a friend. Had a few drinks all was fine and woke up thinking i was choking. The next couple of days spent having panic attacks.i had no clue what was going on.that was over twenty years ago.i remember it like it just happened because my world as i knew it changed. I went immediately on medicine for the next year in a half then went off meds. Soon after did bio feed feedback and cbt and therapy for about a year and was actually good for years after.then it came back, but i knew what it was. Hard to believe this exists at first. I had no forums, no internet, no clue. I didnt really understand it for a long time and eventually accepted it, hate it, but accepted it as something that i have to deal with. You are going to go thru all kinds of denial and more fears and thinking google is the answer. Becareful it isnt. Unless you are looking up treatments and remidies dont google symptoms it will lead you down a horrible path. 18% of the population has anxiety related disorders. Its global.scientists have not figured out the mal function yet. They know it happens but cant universally stop it. Its your fight or flight mechanism. Its mal functiining. First thing is learn to belly breathe and look uo mindfullness breathing techniques. Breathing is everything during a oanic attack. There are tons of symptoms that happen.anxiety effects seventy oercent if your body. This anxiety is a bully but you do not have to feed into it or the fears. The adrenaline rush once triggered lasts at ten minute cycles. If you start thinking you are dying or have some rare terminal ailment you are feeding into it and it will keep cycling. Pinterest can give you a lot of information as well. It is a journey.
    • Posted

Well written Lisalisa. That's just how it is. Yes it's 30 years for me and Lookong back we had nothing no internet or forums I felt so isolated and almost a freak as it felt like I was the only one. These days it s easier to get an understanding ! I also accept it will always be there lurking I don't get the panic attacks just the feel of anxiety but into a panic attack. Feel it everyday and it is horrible I just do herbal remedy now and keep close to people I feel totally at ease with.I don't let it stop me doing anything but it often puts a black cloud on the day. It's a malfunction ! Just have to override it. Yes don't google symtoms it makes things worse as all symtoms are anxiety obviously you may need to rule stuff out now and again.I get very irritable do you ?You will work through it having the children and your job will help as it keeps you very busy with thoughts elsewhere. I have two girls now teenagers bud they helped years ago so mush and still do as my time is spent being a mum. Some people do have just isolated episodes so it may not last long. Don't fight it go with the flow for now and give yourself time to adjust I promise it gets better. X X. Message me any time always here
  • Posted

Ive had depression for 16 years my anxiety only started in December 2015, I thought I was dying I went to emergency and few time I could not beleive that it was all psychsimatic.

I had lots of test down all were clear so I had to accept that this was anxiety.

Forums like this help as everyone is in the same boat

Stay Strong

• Posted

I'm similar as well.

Dou know you what triggers your anxiety?

Have you spoken to a therapist or a counsellor or someone who can help?

• Posted

Just my doctor she was helpful in some way !! She has Me on sleepers and depressions !! I'm also a smoker too tats why I tink I'm goin to die from a heart attack sad
    • Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor, though?
    • Posted

No I try deal with it myself I'm a single mum too two young children n just have no time .. I live in Ireland .. no one here supports you sad
    • Posted

I think you should try to get therapy.

Is it free there?

• Posted

I never actually taught off that!! Bit can therapy actually help?
    • Posted

Yes, it can help a lot. A lot of people on the forum recommend it and love it.
    • Posted

that's good. 

Are you going to look into online therapy or face to face therapy?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.