Posted , 5 users are following.

Cut tonight been a while since done it but now started can't seem to stop if I just cut where need to then things will be over..:so easy yet so hard!!! Wishing I were dead! People say it's cowards way out well believe me it's not because I'm the biggest coward and believe me it's the hardest thing to do I'm just trying to pluck up the courage

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It is not a cowards way out at all, but stick at it and things will get better. I have considered suicide many times as I cannot imagine my life carrying on how it is, but these dark days are not here to stay; they are here to pass.

I'm sorry to hear how you feel.

I don't know whether you've taken this step or not, but counselling is really worth doing. It helped me a lot and I didn't need to be put on medication. Other things that have helped me has been telling others and noting down at the end of every day 3 things that have happened in the day that are good.

I didn't realise how many people really cared until I began talking about the way I feel. Many people know about my depression now and many people ask me how I'm doing or what they can do to help. I tell them I'm okay, and that I don't need help, but them asking me is all the help I need.

Writing down good things at the end of the day allows me to go to sleep with a somewhat positive attitude, I found it was one of the best ways towards recovery for me and it became easier to find things I enjoyed.

People do care about you, this is not something you have to deal with alone. Talking is the best medicine.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply but yes I've taken every step possible but it's always 1 step forward and 10 steps back for me...ok now I sound like I'm wallowing in self pity, and maybe I am but I don't know how to feel different anymore....things can only get better ay? Well not for me! Just when I think I've hit rock bottom the hole only seems to get deeper! X

• Posted

You've done a good thing by coming on to here. All these replies show that people really do care.

Talk to your friends, explain to them that you have depression and at this time, you would appreciate anything they can do to help you. I told my friends that if they could try to get me out of the house as often as possible then that would be great.

I used to spend all day, everyday in bed trying to sleep so that I wouldn't have the bad thoughts in my head. I needed my Mum, my friends, my hobbies to help me get away from this dark place.

You can do it, you've come this far, so why not try to go further? You can make it, I promise X

• Posted

Please don't harm yourself anymore. You need help. Please ring Samaritans or contact your GP in the morning.Maggie

• Posted

I've called the Samaritans so many times that I'm sure they're fed up with me, to be honest the trip to my gp is the reason I feel worse

You know when you think or get told things can only get better ? Well they don't ! Not for me! Just when I think this is it! This is my rock bottom! I'm proved otherwise

• Posted

Your not a coward but you are weak to be harming yourself. You don't have to be. You can take control. You are in my situation three money he ago. It doesn't help it just makes you relive the pain that's in your mind. Samaritans aren't bored or tired of you they are interchangeable so you probably have never had thre same person twice anyway. Focus on the positive not th negative. Focus on you and nobody else. There are people going through similar to you so reach out to them. If that's on this, on depression groups, anything! Talk to people's le in a similar scenario who want to get better and your life will change. XXXX please don't hurt yourself

• Posted

Hello dondons

How are you feeling now, do you feel a chat with your GP may be a good idea.

When people cut, they want to feel people are feeing their pain, if not already talk to your GP. It an also be advisable to go and get the cuts dressed so you will ned to call the Emergency Line 111 especially if the cuts are deep.

You need help and are showing that by your actions, Let people help you

Always around

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.