:(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I've only been on 10mg of Citalopram for 4 days now, day 6 I'm supposed to up it to 20mg . I am feeling very negatively about the way I look these past days. I just hate everything about my appearance. I know my boyfriend is fed up with my constant jealousy of other people's looks and says that I don't look disgusting like I think I do. I just don't know how to think positive about the way I look. Will this medicine help with any of that or am I a lost cause?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Need more info. Is that the reason the doctor prescribed then in the first place or was there another reason? Any other details you could share that might help us to understand your particular situation better?
    • Posted

Hi Ellen

I was prescribed Citalopram for generalized anxiety disorder. Now feeling more down than anxious. Thank you for your reply.

• Posted

Hi Jenneewren, low self-esteem is often a symptom of depression and often as the depression lifts your self-esteem improves.  When you feel down you just look for negatives that support your negative thoughts, when you start to feel more positive, you start to look for more positives.

Don't hate yourself, be kind to yourself.  x

• Posted

Hi Anna

Thank you for your reply. I will just keep trying to be positive, seems to be hard to do at the moment though. Hopefully it will get easier.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.