???

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm done with family! What does that even mean anyway? Everyone is so two faced! I'm sick of having to try to defend myself! I understand they don't get it (my illness) but they should get me! They should know me! I'm told I'm selfish, this that and the other and I'm at a loss of how to stick up for myself, what to say, how to make them understand. I'm just sick of it! 😞

3 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Morn dondons. God where to start with that one xx. You can vhoose your friends but not yr family!! Mine reads like a novel 2 well over half of them. If only i was mentally strong enuff to cut them off. 2 odefinately am going bloody insane on my own without theit input. So sod em thats my mindsrt just now. They dont get mental illness luv its like we still in the days of bedlam hospital.rant over. Hope things improve for u xxx

• Posted

Excuse spellin mistakes just woke up xx
  • Posted

Depression is a selfish disease. I describe it as sticking your head up your own bum until you see the World from behind your tonsils. My wife of 34 years has decided that she can't live with me any more and, after the initial grief, I get it. Why should she spend her time with someone who goes from Depressed to semi manic in one day. 

dondon. We ask people to understand us but it isn't a one way street. People are two faced but sometimes because they hide the effect you have on them rather than throw it back at you.

When you start giving back, is when you'll be getting better.

I could give you chapter and verse of the times I let my wife down 'because I was depressed'. At three AM this morning I found that it's simple. No need to kill myself, even though I'm a sorry bag of sh*te.  My World isn't ended because I have been 'Granddad' to 6 children. They like Manic!

How I will feel later, no-one knows. It's like riding the 'Depression Dipper'.

All the best.

• Posted

It's just so hard! I can't go into things publicly on here but everyone is turning against me for what I feel is the right thing to do 😞

• Posted

I agree, dondons. Sometimes family is a big pain in the butt. As for me, I am still in skool, and I realy don't know if what I am experiencing is depression or not. But I do understand what you feel. I can't stand up for myself. My own mother never encourages me anymore, instead just tells me how much of a loser I am, and my friends are so fake and annoying patronizing with me. Ontop of that, my own mom tells me that I have no friends, and that I am a lone loser. And that is true, but for a wildly different reason. I am told that I am just being arrogant, and whenever I tell my "friends" that I am tired of their treatment, they tell me "what are you saying?" and "You just can't admit defeat!" ONTOP OF THAT, I have skool work to worry about, because I am superoverhyperextending my brain just to WORK. So I totally get how your feeling, and I even get some suicidal thoughts, but the only thing that's keeping me going is actually my schhool work itself. But, I may not last through summer.

Someone please reply your thoughts, and help both me AND dondons, the only person who probably understands my pain right now.

• Posted

Just because they are family or 'friends' doesn't mean you should put up with such poor treatment. Let them know they aren't helping. You can't control them but don't let them control you either. You are the only one that can control you! You must see your own value no matter what they say. Keep setting your goals for school and such and associate with kind people so you can make a better life for yourself. I like to listen to inspirational youtube videos for personal and spiritual growth. Prayer, meditation, reading the Bible are very good too. Hang in there and don't let the naysayers get you down!

• Posted

well I had to abandon mine and my husband when he was about 18 abandoned his too, sometimes it just doesnt work does it. Just as long as you can make your way through life now you are going for independence.  They are selfish because you are making them pay attention to you by being non compliant which makes them uncomfortable so its they who are selfish in the end, selfishness is a normal part of being a person though we have to have it to survive and more selfish people are often more successful, just as long asn you can empathise and sympathise with other people. Once your away a while you will have a chance to get a better perspective on them, but you should never run back because you arent making it in the big wide world, it doesnt just happen, it takes time and patience and effort to make good things come your way.
  • Posted

reminds me of when years ago I was reading a certain agony aunts column in a magazine, she was very uninformed and should not have been in the job. A girl 13 years old could not get on with her parents they were emotionally abusing her, and the advice given my the agony aunt was that your parents always have your welfare at heart, and they care about you so dont undewrestimate them!!!!!

I wrote to the agony aunt in disgust and anger, and told her that parent s can be your own worst enemy and their interests are far from in their minds though they might say something to the contrary it is obvious by their treatment that it is some twisted need that a parent like mine might have, You have to decide for yourself whether they are damaging you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.