# 58 OF 66 MENOPAUSE SYMPTOMS

Posted , 4 users are following.

58. Pelvic Pain can be random and independent of cycles and may feel continuous for some women.

Could this be the stiny pain and sometimes achy feeling/uncomfortable  in the vaginal area? This is what i'm dealing with. I have lots of other symptoms too but  just wanted to understand #58 I am post menopause

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen your doctor? Go see your doctor!
  • Posted

How long have you had the pain? If it doesn't go away after a week or two, go see your doctor. I recall having this pain but it went away.

• Posted

I don't have pain. I am generally ok. Bloated but anything I eat makes me bloated. What you need to think here is that GP's refer u immediately and doctors deal with the issue. Better to get it over and done with ASAP. I had noticed some blood after sex the following day and it stopped. Nonetheless I rang my GP and she referred me immediately.

• Posted

Hi crosado,

Sorry to hear of your discomfort. I had similar dicomfort for years.

I suppose when considering that our pelvic floor like everything else starts to sag when our hormone levels change its not suprising that we get feelings of discomfort.

Not only do we get dryness but the ligaments get weak too. I now drink lots of water and cranberry juice to eleviate any stingy feelings and I do lots of pelvic floor exercises too strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor.

The inner walls of the vag... can become thin dry and weak, so I am on vagifem (a topical form of estriol) which seems to help with the discomfort.

Hope you find something that works for you,

Phyl 💖

• Posted

The stingy pains in vaginal area started after I had the transvaginal ultra sound and the cervical biopsies on June 4, 2016 and the cervical biospies on July 5th 2016 I also had a pap smear those all was good. Except the transvaginal showed lining thickness 9mm. I have scheduled next week for the uterus biospy.

Please dont scare me with vaginal C I am already in server fear /torment and panic! You all scared me with vaginal C.  

• Posted

Try not to worry Crosado, I'm sure if they thought it was 'C' they would have had you in straight away and done all the tests straight away.

I think they like to do all these tests routinely just the same as GPS like to take blood tests routinely.

I'm sure your just getting symptoms that are common with menopause changes.

I'm sure you are in good hands.

Phyl x??

• Posted

when I went in was because I had post menopause bleeding not the stingy pain off and on that was later after all those test so far.will tell GYN monday .
    • Posted

Hi crosado,

Stingy pain sounds like a result of the tests, they are always uncomfortable .

I sincerely hope all your results come back clear for you as I'm sure they will.

We women do not have an easy time of it, look after yourself and try not to worry.

Phyl x??

• Posted

yeah but all those test was ran in June and July 5th. 
    • Posted

I would have thought that if their was anything to worry about they would have been it touch by now. I'm sure you have nothing serious to worry about.

Take care Phyl x??

• Posted

Well I have had a cervical biopsy and pap smear and they came back good, but next week I get the uterus biospy I was suppose to gotten it last week but ended up with a upper resiptory infection and my gyn canceled until next week. I wonder what test they do to check for Vaginal C? 
    • Posted

That's good news then that two have come back clear. I still think all will be fine otherwise they would not have cancelled despite respiratory infection. Not sure at all what tests tgey do for 'c' .

Try not to worry, let's us know how you get on and talk to nurse/doc when at appointment I'm sure they will be able to reassure you!

Phyl x??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.