'Cutting'

Posted , 2 users are following.

Do you sit alone feeling scared and afraid? 

Do you stop and reach for the nearest blade?

Do you cut to release the tension? 

Are your thoughts full of frustration? 

Are you like me or am I just dumb? 

Is it just me who's minds constantly numb? 

Please tell me that I'm normal 

Please tell me that it's okay 

Am I the only one that can't keep my feelings at bay? 

One minute I'm fine one minute life makes sense, the next I make these cuts at my minds expense! 

I wish I could stop I wish I knew how 

Wish someone could relate to the way Im feeling now 

Slit my arm to watch it bleed 

It's not something that I want, it's something that I need 

To feel the pain to see the blood spill

Anything to stop the way That I feel

Oh god this is stupid I don't need you to tell 

I know I should stop but wish I knew how 

I just want someone to relate, want someone to see, to tell me that I'm normal and there's nothing wrong with me

The truth is I don't want to do this to myself!

The truth is Im just crying out for help! 

X

4 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

So tell your story

However it is 

Thus you can be heard 

And behold the dawning

A new day is done 

And old wounds be healed 

If only in this moment 

Are you at one

• Posted

So tell your story

However it is 

Thus you can be heard 

And behold the dawning

A new day is done 

And old wounds be healed 

If only in this moment 

Are you at one

• Posted

Hi dondons, I can sympathize with you very much, I know how hard it is to release feelings of sheer hopelessness, many years ago I was a self harmer and alcoholic, I was lucky in a strange kind of way that I was sectioned four times... I also have to live with the guilt that my precious daughter was a serious cutter from the age of fifteen years.....I foundsmashing things very helpful, until we ran out of glasses !! But please,Please believe me you can ( and will ) find a way to recover from this....

You must...make your doctor understand how serious your situation is,he has or she have a duty of care towards you, and will want to help all. They can....

You can also phone MIND or the SAMARITANS at any time just to talk to. When you need help, advice or simply reassurance,,,,, do not give up, it. May take many attempts, but you really will get there.... you will be in my

Thoughts and prayers, wishing you well, take care... Deirdre anne x

• Posted

G,Day Dondons3 Please dont cut your self and you NOT stupid  you a Wonder person who was Put on the Earth with a plane every has a few low points speak to your GP and tell them how your feeling ,There is a Lady who is a Family Friend she just had a new baby she is Dieing from that shocking Illness that the Ice Bucket was all about she has 3 children now and the Dr have told her there is Nothing Medicine can do for her except relieve her Pain .

And all my Medical Problems and Lost my wife in 93 then a Son 2 weeks after his 21 st B/Day Party Dont beat your self up see what your Doctor says Ok Please go and see them .As i felt low some days but then i look at other people to see what there going through and think man there is Nothing wrong with me when you see Kids that have grown together Bloody hell i lust have Cronic Pain they have me on the right medication im so Luckey just remember you dead a Long Time once there you cant come Back so Please see your Gp WILYou do this for Me Please Ok Good Luck DONDONS3 Ps let me Know how you get on Ok ?

• Posted

Hi, I'm trying not to,Thank you x 

Oh god that's awful i'm so sorry, it does make me think and I know there are a lot more people dealing with a lot more/ harder things than me, I'm just rubbish at dealing with things x

I'm already takings meds but I have an appointment with my counsellor tomorrow so I will try to talk to him about things, thank you for your concern xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.