:roll:...my doctor was pretty useless the first couple o...

Posted , 1 user is following.

:roll:...my doctor was pretty useless the first couple of times i went to see him..he kind of said "What do u want me to do about it?...oh and "you know theres nothing wrong!"

i mean these are people we trust and yet some talk like they are the answer and ALL doctors will say the same...

he was wrong ..i managed to get two appointments privately and was diagnosed with a Obsessive Anxiety/Panic disorder...(nice) ..and am now with a new doctor who has prescribed citalopram

its good to read a generally positive responce from people...although there are a few alarming ones!...

ive started today and am on a 10mg a day and am quite worried (yes i realise the irony)

if anyone would like to reply with their opinions or stories please feel free ..as reassurance or just realistic words always help.

Ben :cheers:

[i:5268c510bf]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:5268c510bf]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ben

I have been on citalopram for a week now (20mg) for panic attacks and anxiety. Have had a few side effects, headaches, sickness but am trying to be positive as have been on seroxat in the past and they worked after a while. The panic attacks are definitely not as bad and i am going back to the GP on thursday to review the situation. Stick with them and good luck:roll:

[i:a8f91f8693]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:a8f91f8693]

• Posted

Hi Ben

I have been on Citalopram for six months now (20mg). To start with i would take the tablet in the morning but after a couple of weeks of constantly yawning and having a dry mouth i decided to take them before bed. This for me was definitely the better option as it had the added advantage of helping me sleep. I did not gain weight or feel suicidal, however I had very strong feelings of indifference and I find it quite impossible to get upset about things at the moment. I dont know if this is a good or bad thing!?:roll:

[i:0fe86abb0a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0fe86abb0a]

• Posted

Hi there...

When I started taking Citalopram I read all of these comments and was more than slightly concerned about some of the side effects! And its even worse if you read the leaflet that comes in the box!! In the end I just thought what the hell, everyone's different, right?! I did have some interesting side effects, but i think i started to blame every ache and pain on the tablets! My advice to you? Go with the flow, you know your body and you're taking a really positive step - after all, sounds like you fought hard enough to be heard...Its worth it in the end! Yes, I've put on a bit of weight, but I haven't completely crumbled over breaking up with me boyfriend last week!

Rock on...Cheers,

Katie :cheers:

[i:0cb7218996]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0cb7218996]

• Posted

Hi there... I've now been on Citalopram for three and 1/2 months, and they have been a contributing factor to me gettnig back on my feet. I decided to take the tablets at night as I couldn't cope with being tired all day my work does that for me alone:D Ive continued to see my therapist and that with the meds have enabled me to really move forward.I've not put any weight on and although I seem to got to bed earlier I'm not as exhausted as I was:magic:

[i:0138c2b42e]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0138c2b42e]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.