'Twisted' knee

Posted , 12 users are following.

I am coming up for the six week mark and wondered if anyone else had/has pain in their knee? My knee is perfectly fine (as in no previous medical problems) but it hurts quite abit when I walk and feels as if has been twisted or has been damaged??!

I did not have this pain at all for the first four weeks.

Has anyone else had this? Could it be swelling? Or something else. As always your wisdom is invaluable, and I would rather not bother anyone about this unless it is important.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have a artificial knee that Bob's in and out of socket any worries see gp or surgeon

• Posted

If your knee hurts it can be referred pain from the hip, I thought my orthopedic surgeon was jesting, no its absolutely right and can really hurt.

• Posted

Thanks Alexandria, my knee is much worse than my hip by a country mile. I am praying it is deferred pain as you say, that would be the best case scenario.

I know on the forum most people have experience of most things, so it is a great place to come and ask questions like this.

• Posted

Hello

My knee feels funny after the op im 13 weeks and it still feels odd, pre op i was fine. I just wondered if it was due to op being quite brutal and with time will sort itself?

• Posted

Maybe, or as others have said a realignment with the new hip now in place, maybe it takes time for the knee to adjust.

How is it now?

• Posted

Still noticeable at times but i think improving....yes that would make sense re knee adjusting-its such a huge surgery and you dont realise how so until your in it doing the journey....

• Posted

I had knee pain for awhile. I had a minor meniscus surgery a year prior to hip but it was healed. my knee gave me issues on and off for a couple months until I really started building strength from PT.

• Posted

I think I need to do much more physio, my lady is off sick, so I have missing seeing her. Thanks Matthew I will give that a try.

Really can't seriously think about having anymore problems with any of my legs! I am only 43 and need to get on with my life!

• Posted

I'm 43 as well. just keep doing your physical therapy. I was concerned for awhile but the pain passed. I still walk 2 miles daily and do my PT exercises daily. Im about 1 year post surgery and started hot yoga about 4 months ago. the yoga has helped immensely.

• Posted

You are lucky my right knee was on 10 years great I went to bed and when I woke my knee was protruding side ways eventually after revision knee they said it had cracked through the middle wilted but trie

• Posted

I've had the same problem - my physio said it could be the knee joint realigning after compensating for my limp in the past, or a result of the rough handling during surgery. my surgery was in november and my knee is still the ache that wakes me up or makes me limp but I'm kind of just waiting it out for now to see if it gets better 😃

• Posted

Suzie I am glad I am not the only one, this knee seems to be really holding me back, and yes it is causing my limp too.

Have you seen your consultant?

I have an app on Monday with mine, and an xray booked, I will let you know what he said about it.

I hope it gets better. Mine wakes me up too, and makes walking almost impossible.

• Posted

i saw my surgeon as well as my physio and everyone is sure its just a pinched nerve and should improve with the manipulation and exercises they've recommended. good luck to you! I hope its an easy fix for you x

• Posted

Thank you Suzie. I am seeing my surgeon and I am praying for good news on bended painful knee!!!

I am so relieved it doesnt seem to be a serious problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.