1 week in - 3 Pound off - quite pleased

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi - just a quick note - some success also.

Been on them 1 week - took tree a day even when breakie only less than 5g of fat - but want to get into the habit.

Lost 3 pounds - and thats with no excercise - normally on SW have to go 2-3 tims a week to help lose the pounds. Have eaten things likes steak, home made chips with low fat spray oil in oven and veg, or low fat pork escaploes with veg and mash, or low fat mince as spag bol - and on friday had 3 large glasses of wine, on sat also had 2 glasses, and 1 glass yesterday (no other alcohol through the week though) and so am quite happy really - plus its time of month this week so think I normally retain fluid etc as weight. So maybe more than 3.

Was my nephews 2 year birthday party yesterday but had 1 small slice of pizza and 4 wedges, and tiny bit of cake -= kept away from trifle and crips etc - and didn't feel to bad.

And on bonus side no bad side effects (SO FAR) - maybe as most days sticking to below the 15g of fat per meal etc and no more than 30g in day. Although some nights with steak etc maybe have gone couple over. Also on SW normally white bread etc is no no for me - but realised could have bacon sandwhich with 2 slices of bread yesterday morning which was AMAZING!!!!

Going to keep on this low fat diet for next few weeks and see if weight loss continues - and then make decision about whether just do SW and gym - or this with gym mixed in.

ahhhh - fingers croosed!

x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Well done hun, keep up the good work :D
  • Posted

so glad things are going ok with you.

When speaking to the nurse last week she did tell me not to bother counting calories and just to stick to the fat intake as instructed.

• Posted

Thanks guys!

As not seen doc since decided to take these (she offered them when went for regular appointment and gave me info sheet but did not discuss advice etc ) so I have been using your guys advice about the g of fat and ignored calories (but have a feeling they kinda link - if 1 is low, the other should not be stupidly different - mind you ive never done a counting type diet before so may be wrong lol).

Tried to register on here so don't need to keep typing in name etc but it goes to blank page for me - so can't at mo - something must not be working on the page...

PS - got to go out for Dads 65 th tonight - so hope theres something for me to eat lol

• Posted

I would make an appt with the surgery nurse and book at least 2 fortnightly appts just to make sure you have the relevent info and that they are monitoring your weight loss.

as for dinner out, seriously if you think you will struggle then just don't take the tablet as seriously don't think an accident would be wanted. :oops:

• Posted

when i go out and am unsure of what i will be eating i take the tablet with me and take it after eating if i think its been low fat enough to not cause an accident.
  • Posted

Very good idea sparkles - I keep them in my bag - decided not to take it last night as had some salmon and then chicken with mash - and tiny bit of birthday cake.

Mind you before went out last night - had bit of the \"Orange\" for the first time - but nothin major just noticed it - but guess thats payback for the roast dinner on sunday and then bit of pizza at the party afterwards!

Re the docs - its odd - but she made no comment to me about when to go back - she said the tablets would last me 4 weeks so I assume thats when she wants me back - they weighed me that day - few days before started taking them - so have a starting weight with them.

X

• Posted

I was told to go back before the tablets ran out so made an appt for the week when then end.

I'm just seeing the nurse off my own back and for a bit of support and advice and free weigh in :D. Went 2 weeks after starting, made an appt for 2 weeks later which is next week then I think I will just go monthly.

• Posted

i too just see the doc as each pack is nearly finished, have a weigh in and recieve a new months perscription
  • Posted

Hey - only lost 2 last week ( may move self weigh in day from Monday to end of week - as bugger when seem to have most calories at weekend!!)

But its my TOTM so maybe lost abit more - I guess 5 pounds in 2 weeks is not bad - especially since not went to gym AT ALL which feel bad about - but going this week - may go tonight in fact - as once back in to it - its not as bad as wen first go again. Wanted to do the pills without excercise so can compare it to a week when do - to see if any difference.

At this rate I could lose a stone a month - which is fab I think - and by holiday got booked in mid April - hoping at least 2 more stone lighter! Thats my aim! And then bridesmaid in end May so maybe up to 1 more by then - but seeing as holiday is all inclusive - will need to work extra hard before go and when come back lol

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.