1 week into citalopram - does it really get better?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have been taking citalopram for 1 week now, 20mg, for anxiety and depression. I am suffering with feeling sick for most of the morning and feel no signs of improvement in my mood.

I know it can take time but will things really get better? Feeling pretty hopeless at the moment sad

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

AJ

Just checking in to see how things have been going? I hope you are feeling some moments of relief.

• Posted

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for checking in! Coming towards the end of the second week now and the sickness has actually subsided. I think the only side effect I'm feeling now is a dry mouth which is perfectly manageable. So very positive in that respect.

Obviously not seeing a change in myself yet, but fully aware that it will take a few more weeks. I have got myself a journal to start writing in - I hope it will help. Still finding myself going for walks for long periods of time - seems to help me work through my thoughts rather than sitting and wallowing in them!

• Posted

Im still getting sickness feeling 8 weeks in right pain x not every morning but most of them
    • Posted

AJ

I am so glad to hear you are adjusting well. I'm still feeling with a lot of anxiety but am trying to figure out way to cope and deal with the feelings other than running from them. I think I'll have to try walking it seems to help a lot of people on this forum.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.