1 week post gallbladder removal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Well today marks 1 week since my surgery. I don't really have pain, just bloating and gas. I haven't been to see my surgeon yet (going Monday). Ive noticed dairy gives me more gas and bloating then anything else. Does anyone else have this? What activities should I be able to do by now? Anything I should avoid for some time?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun,im 3 days post op and feel amazing. Ive eaten fish and chips even chocolate,chicken nuggetts and tuna mayo sarnie.

Prefer to try these foods whilst at home than at work and have pain or be running the loo.

I ate ham sandwiches every day for 11 months lost 5 stone. So now im lovinf the fact i have choice again. Will stick to low fat mainly. With the odd treat. (Small portions)

No back pain. No heat generating from my upper abs. Its great!!

Peppermint tea is a god send for trapped gas and bloating without milk.

Ive done spot of cleaning and been shopping and im loving it..

How are your cuts healing? Have you had a shower yet? I darent get my wounds wet.

• Posted

Diary is high fat. In 4 pints theres 22grams of fat in blue top milk. Same with pies and pasties. Best to avoid or try almond milk.

• Posted

Can i ask if your operation was open or keyhole surgery, i had an emergency operation to remove my gallbladder as it ruptured and im in a lot of pain with my scar.
    • Posted

At first dairy was the only (so far) that is causing me discomfort (which sucks because I love milk and cheese).

My cuts are healing ok. Two of them are somewhat opened up. They burn sometimes. I was able to take a shower Monday (my surgery was Saturday). I try to not let the water beat directly on my cuts and make sure I pat them dry as soon as my shower is done.

Today was my first day out shopping. I'm still not cleared to drive or go back to work.

How has fried food been for you? That was my big no-no before surgery. That and salad.

• Posted

Its been 6 weeks since my operation i had open surgery to remove my gallbladder and it was an emergency operation as it had ruptured, im finding it really hard as everything im eating is going through me and making me sick ive lost a stone. Can i ask did you have keyhole surgery or open as im in pain with my scar and wondering if anyone else has shooting pains in their scar
    • Posted

I had it done laparoscopic. mine was close to rupturing. my scars do hurt a lot. two of mine (i have 4 all together) are somewhat opened.
  • Posted

I had keyhole and shes done a really great job in keeping cuts small. (1 inch)

4 cuts. One is belly button as they pulled my gb out through there. Thats covered in strei strips and waterproof pads still. They said change tuem after 48hrs but im leaving them on a few more days as its keeping them clean. Without them sweating.

They feel tight like pulling . But my mum said its because there healing.

Ive had chinese fried rice tonight and i was pain free. Only a small portion as i dont want to push my luck.

Im on 3 paracetamols a day to keep me pain free.

Had a sleep today after clothes shopping.

What are you eating?

Im non diary now as it gave me so much pain i dont want to eat it ever again.

Xx

• Posted

4 small cuts as well. They also took my gb out via belly button. My one incision is kind of opening and it's all red around my incision. I just have skin glue on mine (that I know of).

I'm also sticking to small portions. I've heard that's better. 6 small meals. I'm introducing food slowly. Still nothing fried or salad. I used to get so sick and in so much pain I'm scared to try them again.

I am nervous about not being able to eat dairy. It's my comfort food.

Today was my first day going out shopping. All day. I'm exhausted and kinda sore. Shouldn't have gone all day.

Did they give you a picking up weight restriction?

• Posted

Yes nothing over 5kg. But lifted kettle now and again not too much incase i pull something internally.

The hardest thing is trying food and not letting the anxiety kick in that ive felt over the 11months of having the attack.

I still dread pain and watch 3hrs afterwards, as like clockwork,on the 3rd hour id get a sick feeling then pain. when the 3hours post food has passed im out of my safe zone,i can breathe relax.

Im so glad i had it done. Feel happier and looking forward to the future. As i was getting alot of pain at work daily and my sickness was high. So my boss will be pleased.

Xx

• Posted

Wow. I was told nothing more than 18 kg for 4 weeks. I can't bend at the waist for the first week. I'm afraid of pulling something internally as well. Every so often if I move a certain way I feel a pull and I stop immediately.

That's my biggest fear too. Getting that pain after I eat.

I called off work so much cause of my gb. I think my boss will be pleased I took care of this. I hope. I'm just not sure when I'll be able to return to work and I'm supposed to start a new position end of September.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.