1 week post of laproscopic hysterpexy with posterior repair

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. Just had surgery to repair prolapsed uterus and a posterior repair a week ago.....

Im 39 years old and have 2 children. Child number 2 seems to have caused this!!😣 wondering what to expect post op.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello lee. You need to rest for 2 weeks and absolutely no lifting although you can safely lift a kettle with enough water to make a cup of tea. Take your pain relief when you need it.....don't be a martyr. After 2 weeks start having small walks but again no lifting until about 4 weeks but then nothing heavy, in fact you need to be careful about lifting for 12 weeks. Don't drive until after 6 weeks because your insurance may not cover you and you may not be able to do an emergency stop because of pain and weakness in your pelvic floor. I always say listen to your body, don't overdo things and when you're tired, stop and rest.
    • Posted

Thank you for your advice matron... i have a sick note for 8 weeks then may be allowed back for 4 weeks on lighter duties... im hoping so. Im feeling really good considering.. only slight discomfort. Iv had as already stated a laproscopic hysterpexy with posterior repair. Iv also had my cervix shortened and my tubes removed... do u think its reasonable to think i will be ok aftet 8 weeks to return to work? X
    • Posted

I think lee if you continue to recover well but don't overdo things you should be ok after 8 weeks but I always think it's best to speak to your GP beforehand because he will have all the details of your surgery x
    • Posted

Ok. So today i have rested really well. Im having some strange pains in my lower tummy. A bit like cramp before a period.... blood loss up until now has been small but today its quite heavy and iv passed 2 small clots......? Wondering if this is normal.. x
    • Posted

I think you need to rest with your feet up and basically do nothing for the next 24 hours. 
    • Posted

Hi matron.... well after my last post i ended up in hospital. I had been taking laxido before and after my op but stopped taking then on tuesday this week as i suffered terrible abdominal pains and wasnt sure if these were the cause.... anyway it eventually settled that evening.... thursday night it came back with a vengance and didnt go...

I ended up in a&e where they admitted me, gave me morphine to kill the pain... after a second dose and some sleep and after speaing to dr i was given an enema which eventually worked. They said i had constipation. I came home yesterday...

I was just wondering if this operation i had could be the reason why as iv never had any probs before.... although im home i still have uncomfort but not as bad im also taking senna and doccusate. Thankyou. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.