1 week post op

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I had a posterior repair and I-stop a week ago was due to have an anterior repair but my consultant decided to wait another 6 weeks and do then as he believes a 2 stage repair is better. I had ileostomy surgery 6 weeks ago also , my problem is I feel terrible not post op pain that's just sore, I am exhausted feeling nauseous, light headed look like hell. Can't decide if this is having 2 surgeries close or it's normal to feel this bad after a repair any thoughts?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Pretty normal to feel very tired for at least a week. Maybe take some extra iron pills for energy. Have you checked your temperature? Best wishes and keep us posted
  • Posted

Hi Sars. I understand as I was in that position earlier this year. I decided to wait for my second surgery for rectocele repair as the previous one to remove cysts plus ovaries and tubes had made me exhausted. I saw my consultant recently and he's now said I can go in Feb to have it done. I feel much more up to it now and will be able to enjoy Christmas with my family first.  I'm sure your consultant will agree if you don't feel up to it yet after two previous op's. Ask when you have your next appointment or phone his/her secretary, she can probably arrange a phonecall if not an appointment soon Best wishes. x rolleyes

• Posted

Hello sars. I'm sorry you're feeling this way but I honestly think it's the after effects of 2 anaesthetics closely together. Anaesthetic is a combination of gases (safe of course) but they stay in the bloodstream for a time and you could have still had a tiny bit of the gas in your bloodstream when you had the second operation. What you describe is common so you need to rest, drink plenty of fluids as well, just have sips if you feel nauseous (ice water or sucking ice cubes is helpful).

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying staying away from pain relief today as I don't think that was helping either

• Posted

Pain hinders recovery (that's a favourite saying of mine) and makes your muscles tense.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.