1 week post op question

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all. i know it has only been 9 days since my surgery. But, I am a worrier. lol. I am hoping someone else experienced something similar to put my mind at ease. i feel like i am generally healing fine. i think sometimes i feel so good during the day that i forget and overdo it. So, in the evenings, I tend to be a little more sore and achy. Anyways, just wondering if anyone experienced right sided pelvic area pain. It is mostly at the level of my right hip bone and more towards the front. In my mind, I know it makes sense that i just had surgery on the right side of my body. I guess it worries me because it isn't really near any of the incision sites. I mostly notice it when i am standing at my kitchen counter and lean against it. anybody else notice this? thank you!!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi 2chr2015

I had my GB removed in 2015 and experienced exactly the same pain as you are now having . After my GB was removed I experienced this pain for over a year, on and off and I likened it to the pain you experience when you get the stitch after running some distance.

Your body needs a good amount of energy to heal properly; if you use your energy unwisely you are prolonging the healing process - try to be more gentle with yourself, just limit yourself to what essentially needs doing and then RELAX.

Sending best wishes for a speedy healing process.

• Posted

Hello 2chr2015, Absolutely you can have that kind of pain in that area! During surgery they actually make punctures for the instrument ports, so imagine being stabbed with a letter opener, ok not really but, you get the idea. There are lots of soft tissues in there, that can heal at different rates. If you are over doing it, Moonday is correct, you may need to take it easy a bit longer...THIS should get better cutting back on activity a few days, keep an eye out for swelling, redness, increased pain or pain that lasts past another few weeks &/or fever, those things warrant a call(if it's an option) or visit to the Dr....(they may want to do an ultrasound) However sounds like you're doing great, I would not worry...Best Wishes & Take Care☮🍀💕

• Posted

Hello,

In a lot of cases the pain site can be different from the operating site. At times this is due to nerves. Best wishes for wuick healing.

Thanks

• Posted

Hello,

In a lot of cases the pain site can be different from the operating site. At times this is due to nerves. Best wishes for wuick healing.

Thanks

• Posted

HI! yes sounds like me i over did it bending down to much ! got pain opposite my right hip bone just like someone was poking me also under my left rib too ! and under my belly button was so hard thought i hada hernia i saw my surgeon last WEDNESDAY all was ok . Now he thinks i may have a stomach ulcer so more flipping camera jobs to come !! i am 6 weeks post op . hope you feel better soon take it easy .

• Posted

hi barbara! around my bellybutton is hard too and sometimes hurts.the pain on the right side lower pelvis is the only thing that really bothers me. this morning i was pushing on it to see if i felt anything and got it hurting good. (thats what i get)lol

• Posted

let me know about the stomach ulcer thing! i feel like i am falling apart too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.