1 year since left knee tkr. Don't know what is happening.

Posted , 11 users are following.

hey everyone. It's been an year since my left knee tkr surgery and i still cant flex my knee. Even more disgusting is that my knee pains while running, so still i have to wear a knee cap during running or jogging. My upper side of the knee pains a lot while twisting  my lef during badminton or football. I went to doctor many times but they say that i need not worry since i don't have any swelling on the knee, therefore no signs of any further tear. But, i know it's not ok. Can any one tell what can be the issue and how to cure it ????

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

In this short space of time I think you are just doing too much.  I wouldn't expect to play football or run. I have been told I won't be able to play tennis again, apart from maybe gentle doubles!  How much physio did you have and have you continued to work on building up the muscles?  Sorry not to sound more positive, others will probably give you more information than I can. 

• Posted

I was an avid runner before my bilateral tkr last summer. The orthopedic surgeon told me not to run again or do high impact exercises. I have resorted to biking, swimming and speed walking. I think the running is affecting it. All the best.
  • Posted

Don't take this the wrong way,but you must be having a laugh.

you can't be serious.

rgrds.

Mike

• Posted

Oh boy!!

I'm with Mike on this....you cannot be serious!! Running, jogging & tennis after TKR! All a massive no no!

I don't even find it funny!

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

I agree with both the above, not a chance, infact your told not to do high impact sport of the types your describing.. next youll be climbing Everest.
  • Posted

Running and TKR absolute contraindication! Here in Bangkok nobody runs not even after the bus. Bangkok-Johnnie TKR patient 2014 edition. My advice stop running!
  • Posted

My first reaction is to think that you are an internet troll . . but if by any chance you are not, well, you are behaving in an incredibly irresponsible manner.  you should not be running or jogging, and certainly not playing football.  i wonder if what you had, in fact, was an arthroscopic intervention, and not a total knee replacement?  You talk of 'any further tear" which sounds more like a problem with your meniscus.  In that case,  you are doing everything you possibly can to make things worse. Go back to your surgeon and see what he has to say to you.

• Posted

Yeah right. You can't flex your knee but you are running, playing badminton and football. We had a joint replacement not a brain removal

• Posted

solutely nothing like a TKR.Looked back at our previous post, some five months after the op.  You are confusing a TKR, which is a TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT with an operation to repair a meniscal tear, which is absolutely nothing like a TKR.  considering you had a mensical repair operation a year ago, then you should be able to flex the knee, and you should really insist on some more tests to ensure that there is not something else wrong ,. . .like PVNS . . .I get the impression you are fairly young??? and you should not be having pain in hyour joints, but it could be that all this running, jogging and football are the cause.  sport may be good for you, but it's not much good for knees.

• Posted

Sorry, cursor jumped there are mixed up the text . . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.