1 yr after tkr

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all,

I found this forum in my darkest hours last November after having a left tkr. It was a tremendous help and let me realize I wasn't the only one having difficult times. I had my tkr on November 3, 2015 and was back at work on January 26th, 2016. I drive a truck over the road hauling milk. I had my good and bad days, mostly bad but this forum helped. I broke my leg in May of this year and now suffer nerve damage from that. My left knee has been horrible ever since and I've been to numerous doctors. Since having the tkr I relocated to Florida thinking that maybe being out of the cold would help but it hasn't. I now need the right knee done and to redo the left I've been put off work a couple times but that really doesn't bother me as I went back to work too soon anyways. I'm always on this forum looking for help and suggestions to make my legs feel better and my outlook on life so thank you to everyone sharing your experiences. I learned a lot and am still learning. I will finally have insurance again in January so will be taking care of both

knees again..

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble but happy that the insurance will kick in and let you get some medical attention when and where you need.There is a mayo clinic branch somewhere in northern FL. If you can download it I would suggest you give them an opportunity to help with that leg that's given you the most grief. Not only do they have the local group but also have the expertise of the main hospital staff in Minnesota to help with your case. I took my wife therein 2009 and one of the neurologists picked up on Parkinson's and said he was sure she would be diagnosed within a year. 9 months later it was a full blown diagnosis. Many years ago they saved my brother in laws life. Found he had something that only about 12 to 15 people in the country had, an extra halved in his heart creating a life threatening carbon dioxide poisining but by change of life style he could live and work. Unfortunately cancer hit him before The heart valve problem did

• Posted

I am happy that you will have insurance come January.

We will cheer you pn, we will let you lean on us, we will be here for you.

hugs

• Posted

I am so sorry you are in so much pain Dawn. You have certainly been through the mill as we say over here in the UK.I hope it won't be too long before you can begin to enjoy life again without pain.

We don't have problems with insurance over here. The NHS is brilliant...when it works.I have no complaints whatsoever.

• Posted

Hi dawn, thank goodness for the ins.  I hope and pray the docs can resolve your pain issues. I can only say, I had Tkr in March 2016, still in pain, surgeon thinks it may be coming from my lower back fusion I had 12 years ago??? Who knows? Got to start somewhere.  All I have had since this surgery is pain n more. But what's a gal to do. I still hope for the best. I'm going to try to see if the mayo clinic is close by, as ofg suggested, seems like I'm at one doctor or another every week since this po. U r not alone. Hang in there, it just takes a little more time for people like us... Happy healthy new year!!! Cheers..... From sunny fla

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.