1 yr post op & same symptoms as before removal.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm nearly 1 year post op and i have the same pain as before removal. My gallbladder was removed due to a polyp which was increasing in size. I have never suffered a massive painful attack as described with stones ( I hope I never do.) My pain is more of a sore constant ache ranging from a 3 -7 on the pain scale. This is how it has always been for 5 years now. During my op the surgeon who had monitored my gallbladder polyp for 4 years was surprised to find my upper right quadrant full of scarring and adhesions consistent with past inflammation. He also performed an endoscopy and found chronic gastritis and duodenitis. I wasn't really given much of an explanation and I hoped that with my gallblgallbladder gone things would get better. However here I am 12 months later and things are still relatively the same with maybe only a slight improvement but I think that's down to me giving up alcohol for over 18months and sticking to a low fat bland diet in hope of healing the gastritis. This chronic pain has had a horrible affect on my life and I can see no end in sight. Just wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same thing?

Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am 6 months post surgery and still have pain as though my gallbladder is still there. I recently test positive for the H pylori. After finishing treatment I still don't feel any better. As I had the H pylori I know, I have had inflammation in my stomach. I had mild gastritis 2 years ago when I had a endoscopy. Hope I will have another to see, what's happening now. In my opinion, after doing extensive research I don't think gallbladder removal is right for everyone. It is a very vital organ, that the body does need. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi, I too have the same symptoms and some added ones... my gallbladder was only functioning at 12percent so removal was pretty much the way to go... I never imagined feeling the same or worse.... however I do and I'm miserable and don't want to be miserable but it seems any other measures I've taken have not produced any decent results. Here's to hoping and praying for all who still suffer!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.