10 mg to 20 mg....on day 4!

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hey everyone!

So I was on 10 mg of Cit for about 3 months, but my doctor has advised me to try 20 mg since I am still having terrible anxiety. What were everyone's feelings on 20 mg? I have to say I do feel a little more relaxed, and I have started therapy so I think that's going to help immensely too. I have felt a little drowsy and have some minor forgetfulness when I'm at work, but I wonder if that's just temporary until my body can get used to 20 mg? Let me know your thoughts! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am on 20 mg. was on 10mg for two weeks then dr upped to 20mg. On them for nearly two weeks & still get axiety first thing in the morning but fine from about 8am & rest of the day. I go back to drs on Weds so will see what she suggests. Know how you are feeling its awful. 
  • Posted

Hi there

I'm the same as renfrew, I felt AWFUL going up to 20 I thought it was the wrong decision, my anxiety was through the roof. It's now been about 3 weeks on 20 and I feel anxiety when I wake up but as soon as I start getting ready for work etc it's gone. I feel so much better than I did before taking citalopram, although still a teeny way to go. Don't fret, it gets better x

• Posted

Thanks for responding, both of you! I definitely feel that my anxiety is the highest in the morning, but once I get to work I start to settle down and go about my day. I think I just get so frustrated because I'm wishing it would erase all of the anxiety right away, but I know that's not possible. Let's hang in there!
    • Posted

Definitely hang in there, I look at myself a week ago and I was a mess/ Honestly thought nothing could help me, and thinking how far I've come in just one week amazes me. I am excited to see how I feel this time next week!
  • Posted

Hi everyone I was just prescribed cit today for my anxiety but scared to take it due to the side effects how was it for u guys first experience

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up