10 pounds off in my first week WOW :)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well im shocked but very pleased to say ive lost 10 pounds in my first week! I weighed in at my surgery on the scales in the waiting room and nearly weed myself when i saw id dropped to 87 kg. This hasnt been easy for me at all i have excersised like a maniac, cleaned, cut my hedges and after dinner every night i walked around the block, ive cooked every meal myself and after work at the shop and doing school runs etc it has been difficult! This week im going to go a little easier and treat myself to some booze and a chinese so well see how it goes next week. Why ive not been able to do this before is beyond me, i binge eat and i can be a lazy moo (there i said it) fingers crossed i can do this!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

thats a lot to loose in the first week congratulations!

[i:47ff03e494][dont read this as me trying to rain on your parade!] [/i:47ff03e494]you will find that the loss slows after the first week or 2 so don't be disheartened, it happens to the best of us, the first week you loose a lot of retained water etc and then you start loosing the fat, you'll start to see inch loss and you'll feel better in yourself so keep at it!

• Posted

Thank you!! I am still shocked at the loss and i am floating but i know it wont last i am after all good at starting things but not finishing, ive done everything in the past and im ok at first but get bored easily and my family talk me out of it. I wont be so high when P.M.T kicks in in 2 weeks but hopefully i wont be crying and eating a galaxy at the same time like i usually do. I know some ladies and gents out there have a lot more than me to lose and some are loosing it for serious reasons i.e operations and i wish them all the luck in the world!! If i dont loose next week then so be it im pushing myself just for 4 weeks to see what i can do and to prove something to myself this i feel is more than weight loss its gaining my self belief. So if you see a fat power walker marching through your town that could be me hahahahaha :lol:
  • Posted

thats some amount of weight to lose in 1 week its great. i've been on them for a week i'm trying not to weigh myself till go to doctors in 3 weeks. bet you feel fantastic loosing 10lb :wink:
  • Posted

Yes Windy i am pleased but i have gone a bit mad with it i suppose, i have really pushed myself physically and mentally (sorry if my spellings wrong) im going to ease up this week and live a little but still try to keep up my excersise weather permitting! Oh and i can put some weight loss down to the fact that the kids are back at school and i have been lazy during the summer so getting back into 7am starts and running about has helped me loads, im aiming for a steady 2 pound a week now on! good luck!
  • Posted

Wow 10 pounds is a lot to lose in one week ! I thought I was doing well losing about 3 to 3 and a half pounds every week for the last month. Still at least I have only been eating well and taking java green tea which is really easy to do so I can't complain.
  • Posted

Actually it doesn't have to slow down that much. I also started with a good loss too and whilst it has slowed down (of course) have averaged a 2.7 pounds a week loss for 29 weeks now which makes me 5 and a half stones less than I was on 24 Feb. Hurray hurray.

What is working long term?

less than 1400 cals a day ( weighing and writing it down religiously)

25-30g of fat a day

4 or more sweaty sessions a week

blueys adding power to the impact of all the above - think of them not as a standalone miracle but like swimming with flippers - you still have to do the work, but the results are stronger

Keep on going and I will see you at the far end in your skinny jeans.

RR

• Posted

Well done RR youre doing reall well im chuffed for you :lol: Theres no room for cheating is there? I stupidly ate lots last night and experienced the oily stuff aand i wont be doing that again, ive had to go the extra mile today with excercise to make up for it and its not worth it! Thanks for the tips too!! I wonder if ill be considered for another prescription after this one (hark at me, i need to get through this one first) Good luck everyone and keep going!
  • Posted

well done - you have worked really hard and prob deserve a treat. For me thou - chinese and blueys don't mix.

Have a good week 2.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.