10 weeks in....just need a pep talk

Posted , 7 users are following.

10 weeks total. Six weeks on 20mg. Now 4 weeks on 30mg. Had about a week of good days this past week (after side effects lessened from the dose increase). However, Ive been anxious and down again these past two days. I know the up and down is normal, but it is so frustrating. Any words of encouragement are greatly appreciated. We have so much stuff coming up (which is probably feeding the anxiety) and I dont want to miss it because Im too anxious to leave my house.

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It'll get better i assure you!

I was still suffering at 10 weeks but it takes longer. I'm at about 18 weeks now & definitely feel a lot better.

Just hang in there & try & think positive..

• Posted

Hi x I'm on 4 weeks of 40mg and aren't feeling any better myself yet x from what a lot of people have told me on here when you change your dose you have to get used to the side effects and it takes your body a little while to adjust to the increase so don't get too disheartened. easier said than done I know x also it's still early days so the things you have coming up sounds like they are adding towards your anxiety. Once the meds are working anxiety should be a lot less so situations like you are facing should be easier to deal with. If you don't feel up to it just take it easy it's important that you take time to recover. Hopefully you will start to feel better after your plans have passed x

• Posted

hi

im only 2 weeks in on 20 mg 10 mg for 4 weeks and feeling like you want to do stuff but scared in case i cant and i feel low

• Posted

Im 4 weeks in on 10mg and scared to increase How have your Past 2 weeks gone? And how many weeks on 10mg before your major side effects passed? THANKS SO MUCH!

• Posted

Hi. I only took 10mg for four days just as a ramp up to 20mg. When I increased to 30mg, all the side effects came back. It took about 3 weeks on 20 and 30 for the side effects to settle down. The anxiety is worse now that im on meds than it ever was before. I just keep praying it will just take time. Its a miserable journey for sure. Good luck!!

• Posted

Yep thats when my side effects started to ease at just about 3 weeks in. And what a long 3 weeks it was! I hope we both find relief soon;) THANKS

• Posted

hi 2 weeks but im anxious about going far in the car etc which i wasnt before i bloody started them.

im on omeprazole for stomach issues too which is what brought it all on. Think im through the worst of it bit horrible 2 weeks x

• Posted

mine is worse now on the tablets

like you hoping it settles soon

mind over matter

we will get there girls xx

• Posted

Sally your story is my story exactly! I was put on this med after suffering severe reflux in January out of nowhere and going into panic with severe anxiety ever since . I was first put on Buspar that did not work out for me. I am on Protonix twice daily for reflux. I have found/read there is extreme connection between stomach issues and anxiety Im just not just sure which comes first ! I too have developed the long car ride issue with my main side effect being shortness of breath . What a viscious cycle!!! Lets stick with it!

• Posted

Hi Sally,

I've been on Omeprozal for years & suffered huge anxiety in October. It poleaxed me.

Do you defo think Omeprozal plays a part in this?

• Posted

hi Tonya,

yes we have got a similar story

where do you live are you in the uk?

Steven being on omeparozole just means i cant take and diazepam which was hard when the anxiety was bad. It can be pretty poo goong through this xx

• Posted

How are you feeling now? X

• Posted

I'm really sorry to hear that x was hoping since it has been a few days you might be feeling a little better. Same here x today is a bad day. How long have you been on the 30mg now?

• Posted

Five weeks on the 30mg now. Im sorry youre still struggling too. Dr said I could decrease back down to 20mg if I want, but Im not sure what to. My anxiety is 100 times worse than it ever was before meds. Its so hard to believe this will ever make me feel better than I did before I started taking them.

• Posted

How did you feel when you was on 20mg? The problem is when you change you have to start the clock again and then suffer withdrawal or side effects so its such a pain! Have you been given anything to help with the anxiety like benzos or beta blockers? Its so difficult to decide what to do because everyone just keeps saying just stick with it it's normal but when you feel as poo as we do it's so difficult. No rush to decide what to do take a day or so to think it through x

• Posted

I had about a week of improvement on 20 before I went back to square one with the anxiety. Then, I had about a week of improvement on 30 and then went back downhill. I do seem more shaky and tingly on 30 than I ever did on 20, but my other side effects have all gone away except the anxiety....until yesterday, when I lost my appetite again. Its like Im going the wrong direction.

Yes, I have Xanax to take as needed, but it only helps temporarily.

• Posted

Yeah it doesn't help for long does it and they are a right pain to get off benzos My advise would be to keep going with the 30mg for a little while longer even though its gonna be tough because atleast then you can say for sure that 30mg is definitely not working and then try 20mg. It would be a shame to change too soon only for you to go through the same thing all over again if that makes sense? How long have you been told to wait until it works?

• Posted

Docs say 4-6 weeks and everyone else on here says a lot longer. X it's so tough 😓

• Posted

Doc says the same thing as the people on here. That it can take some people days and some people months-its all trial and error and to trust the process

• Posted

When I was first on citalopram years ago it worked in about 2-3 weeks and this time since upping them I'm in the same position as you. My doc told me 4-6 weeks and it's definitely not looking that way for us is it. I really hope you start to notice a positive change soon. Do you think beta blockers would help? X

• Posted

Hahahahaha well I was put on 20mg about 4 years ago and had no side effects and they worked really quick and felt amazing for years. Then they just kind of pooped out. So I was given mirtazapine to take with them too and I had a complete break down so bye bye mirtazipine and up my citalopram to 40mg. What about you?

• Posted

all i know is this is my first and last time on antid.i would never play russian roulette with these meds.why ruin a good thing.have you ever thought if the posibility that you where just having a blip before doctor prescribe the mirt.?

• Posted

It didn't even cross my mind I just panicked because my depression came back and went to the docs 2 days later I wish I had waited now! This whole thing sucks 😕 I really don't blame you. If you are lucky you get it right first time but that happens very rarely. I really do hope they start kicking in for you soon. Have you tried beta blockers to help with the palpitations, shaking fast heart beat and stuff?

• Posted

Only tried xanax and CBD as a supplement. I dont know about beta blockers

• Posted

Yeah I probably should have worded it slightly better lol. I wish I waited to see if it was a blip instead of jumping straight onto mirtazapine 🙄. So this is thr first AD you've tried? It is like playing Russian roulette and hoping for the best isn't it

• Posted

well i try five different ones before celexa.celexa was the only one that gave me relief.i went thru five months of hell trying to find the proper med.i could not deal with the severe side effects from the other meds.celexa although has horrible side effects they where nothing compare to the side effects of the other meds.

• Posted

what i mean by saying playing russian roulette is i would never let curiosity get the best of me n come off them.

• Posted

Wow so you tried quite a few others! What ones did you try? So how did celexa feel different to the rest? Beta blockers help mainly for the physical symptoms of anxiety just not the ruminating thoughts. They are a blood pressure med but are used to treat anxiety too. They are safe and rarely have side effects. I've been taking a low dose 10mg on the bad days and it just calms my body a bit. Doesn't help depression though so might be worth giving them a go for your anxiety x

• Posted

i dont have anxiety or depression iam recovered on ten milligrams of celexa.lol

• Posted

Sorry all my messages are getting muddled up. Happened the other day too. Google beta blockers for anxiety you might find them pretty helpful x

• Posted

Sorry all my messages are getting muddled up. I'm so confused right now 😅

• Posted

Yes its my first and my anxiety wasnt that bad to begin with. So Im slightly regretting even trying them!

• Posted

hang on laura i also regret it it in the beginning .now i thank god for these meds.

• Posted

Duuurrrr brain fart!!lol I'm really sorry about that. I'm so tired and got all muddled up. I can't remember how long it took for you again x

• Posted

Just hang in their! One day we are both gonna look back and wonder what all the fuss was about and how awesome its gonna be when they start working for you

• Posted

Oh yeah that's right! How long untill you started noticing any positive effects. Oh my.... I think my head will collapse way before 8 months 😓

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.